If you are looking to launch to build a successful online fashion brand, make sure you read our top six tips on how to succeed in the digital age.
- Sell an experience, lifestyle or belief. Make sure your brand aligns with who you are and what you stand for. At the end of the day you are competing with the likes of Nike, Zara, and other giants – You need to set yourself apart from these brands and make sure your audience can connect with you. Be real, be frank.
- Make use of current sale trends such as “Buy now, pay later” with platforms such as AfterPay. These platforms are succeeding for good reason, so take advantage of it. It will boost your overall conversion rate and drive sales. There is little to no downside by implementing these platforms, it simply expands your brand’s reach to new audiences.
- Use the right tools for the trade. In this case, Shopify is usually our go-to. Shopify suits new businesses, and also Australian giants such as JB-HiFi. You can easily implement features such as separate wholesale storefronts, review and testimonial funnels, social media integrations and just about everything else you need to run a successful e-commerce store. You can deliver rich custom experiences with Shopify, you just need to invest the time and effort into creating your store. There’s no point building a brand if you are not willing to invest in your digital presence.
- Make use of current influencer trends, such as micro-influencers. Why pay for one large influencer to promote your product, when you get ten smaller influencers to do the same, for a lesser fee? You can easily expand your brands exposure for the wholesale cost of your goods. Building a successful influencer campaign isn’t an easy, you need to find accounts that share your brand’s ethos and deliver a compelling offer to the influencer.
- Don’t bother running digital ads, unless you are ready to invest the time and effort into optimising and delivering a holistic campaign. Ensure you are passing conversion events back to these ad providers so you can actually measure the success of your ads. In addition this will help the ad providers better connect you with the right people for your content.
- Build a social media presence that shares your brand, not your products. People don’t want social media feeds full of hard sales copy, they want it to fit in with the content they already engage with. As mentioned earlier, sell an experience, lifestyle or belief – not a product. In the case of activewear, you are not selling tank tops and shorts, you’re selling a better life, comfort and wellbeing. In the case of Instagram, deliver content your audience can connect with, and use tools such as the Instagram Shop Feature to link products featured in posts to drive sales.
If you are looking for further guidance on how to take your digital presence to the next level, feel free to reach out to us here.